My La Palma Story
Tell Us Your La Palma Story!
La Palma, ranked as one of the best places to live in America, is special because its residents come together from varied backgrounds and heritages to embrace and celebrate all that their hometown represents. In advance of La Palma’s 65th Birthday (October 26, 2020), please tell us Your La Palma Story….
What We’re Looking For
We invite you to share a true personal story, or stories, on the following themes:
- How long have your lived in La Palma?
- Where have you lived before?
- How did you or your family choose La Palma?
- Do you have an interesting story about how you arrived in La Palma?
- What family traditions do you have?
- What does La Palma represent to you?
- What languages do you speak?
- What are some cultural customs your family follows?
- Is there anything unique about you or your family that you’d like to share?
- What do you like most about La Palma?
- Share a special memory or story.
How We Plan To Use Your Stories
Residents represent the best of La Palma and what its future holds. They are the best people to share what a special place La Palma is. We plan to use the stories for marketing, public relations and promotional purposes, so please submit a story / photo / video only if you’re willing to share your story publicly.
Who Can Submit
Any La Palma resident can submit their story. Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or guardian. By submitting your story, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
This is a fun, informative, and positive campaign, so please keep your stories on-topic and family-friendly.
The City will not use stories that are off-topic, use profane language or content, include discriminatory or sexual content, or conduct or encourage illegal activity. Stories will not be used if they endanger the safety or security of others. Also, videos that are a solicitation of commerce will not be used.
Where To Submit
Email your story / photo / video and Publication Release directly to: Recreation@CityofLaPalma.org.
We will publish excerpts of residents’ stories on the City’s website, in print, and through the City’s social media. Other than family names, we will not share any personal contact information including email address, home address, phone numbers, etc.